Monday, March 17, 2008

Toothpaste - Old School Remedy For Breakouts

The past couple of weeks I have been very stressed at work, and like clockwork my skin started to show the signs. Even though I hardly breakout normally, my face started to react to the stress. Not only was I breaking out but I was running around all weekend and didn't have any of my products with me. I stayed over a friends house and decided to try an old remedy for pimples I used sometimes as a kid.

Do you remember using toothpaste on blemishes? Come on admit it, we've all done it before. Since then though I have become much more conscious with the ingredients in my products. A lot of toothpaste products have chemicals in them, that's why I recently started buying Trader Joe's Peppermint Toothpaste.

Some of the ingredients include peppermint essential oil, baking soda and flouride. The baking soda is the magic ingredient that will clear your sking and zap the blemish. The best part is that there is no sodium lauryl sulfate and propylene glycol which can irritate the skin. These ingredients are often found in toothpaste so make sure to check your tube.







No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home