Saturday, March 8, 2008

Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Creme - With Royal Jelly

It's been a long running joke in my family that honey can cure just about anything. When I was young, my grandmother would give me a spoonful of honey when I wasn't feeling well. My grandfather had bee hives and harvested honey each season. He would put the honey in huge jars and give it to all of our family members. I remember eating the honey straight off of the honey comb and chewing on the wax.

This weekend I decided to try a new eye cream. Burt's Bees is a company that believes in selling truly natural products. The Radiance Eye Creme is a blend of many natural oils and extracts including sesame oil, chamomile, cucumber and rose hips. The key marketable ingredient is royal jelly. Royal Jelly is the substance that bees feed the young bees that will become the queen bee. Queen bees grow to be much larger and live 40 times longer than other bees. The Royal Jelly is very nourishing but let's see if it works wonders on skin as it does with queen bees. I am going to test the eye creme out for two weeks to see if I notice any considerable difference in my eye area. Despite the miracle substance in the creme, I love all the other natural ingredients.

Take a look:

Ingredients: water, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, glycerin, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, stearic acid, palmitic acid, royal jelly, lecithin, symphytum officinale (comfrey) leaf extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, euphrasia officinalis extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, rosa canina (rose hips) fruit extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) leaf extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, cananga odorata (ylang ylang) flower oil, kaolin, sucrose stearate, sucrose distearate, fragrance, glucose, lactoperoxidase, glucose oxidase, sodium chloride, xanthan gum, sodium borate, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home